Event & Roadshow Summary
The Explore the Seafloor community programme ran in 2010 and involved a series of 9-day events hosted by regional SEALIFE Centres and a selection of events around the country.
The roadshows included:
- Examining ecological specimens with microscopes;
- Handling real archaeological artefacts discovered on the seafloor;
- Sieving samples of the seafloor to discover what it is made of;
- “Feely” boxes filled with exciting things to touch and guess;
- Dressing up as a scientist, archaeologist or for working on the boats and
- Find the facts about the seafloor hidden in our sandpit.
Roadshows were held at London, Brighton, Scarborough, Weymouth, Great Yarmouth, Hunstanton and Birmingham SEALIFE Centres.
The events programme worked with a variety of organisations including English Heritage, the Wildlife Trust, Lowestoft Airshow and Hampshire Water Festival.